Previously, I shared the artificial intelligence view of my 2023. While I thought some of the picks were interesting, I must confess I did not really agree with the algorithms here. For starters, some of the images they picked were older although, to be honest, they were shared in 2023. I decided to compile my own list. These are my favorites from the year. As suggested, these were all photographed in 2023, not just shared on social media during the year.
- “City View” this one from Seattle. I was staying in a high rise hotel downtown and shot this from my balcony.
- “Flying Stairs” a visit to the Austin Public Library kicked out this favorite from 2023. This is a wonderful building and I really enjoyed my visit there.
- “Saddle on the Fence, Western Town” this from a visit to Taylor, Texas. I had a wonderful visit there and it was a favorite location from 2023 for me.
- “Bixby Bridge and Surf” from my first trip to California in 2023, this was from Big Sur. Overlooking the Pacific in the rain, this was shot in March of 2023.
- “About to Throw Down” Lucha Libra was a treat for me as I got to photograph that in 2023. This is from that session.
- “Club deVille Soho” the Sign Bar in Austin, Texas makes an appearance on my list. Though it was hot when I visited, I really enjoyed the place.
- “Building in Taylor, Texas” once again Taylor popping up on my list. It was a great location and this a great building in downtown Taylor.
- “Stacks” in black and white this from a visit to the Round Rock Public Library. If I had to sum it up, 2023 was the year of the library although California made a lot of appearances too.
- “Making Tracks” this an abstract from a favorite location: the Hill Country Water Gardens and Nursery. I loved the abstraction and muted colors in this one so included it in my list.
- “Ocean View” this a sunset from Carmel-by-the-Sea, California. This time around, it was October for my visit and I got to spend a sunset by the ocean.
And, for the runner up, “Autumn Canopy” another shot from downtown Seattle, this from the park there. I got lucky and managed to hit some autumn while visiting.
Overall, 2023 was a good year for me I think. I wound up taking several trips which were not planned (Hello, California!) but I tried to make the most of it. There were some great small towns and a lot of library visits. Some personal distractions kept me busy and not working as much as I would have liked but I did manage to get in some great images and enjoy my time spent behind the lens.
Looking back and taking stock, I’d have to say 2023 was an amazing year for me. Here’s hoping 2024 is even better.
Until next time…