Since I’m stuck in Reyko, I thought it might be a good idea to talk about some of the things you can do when your travel plans get Titanic-ed.
1. Upload images-yeah, that always works.
2. Try to do more shooting-if you can.
3. Sleep a lot.
4. Eat a lot.
5. Drink a lot.
6. Watch foreign movies on TV
7. Plot an untimely death for the stupid free roaming travel gnome they show us on all of the TV commercials for the happy travelers who do not get stuck.
8. Flirt with hotel staff-telling dirty jokes usually helps here unless, of course, they don’t speak any English. Then you just look like some stupid foreign tourist who laughs a lot.
9. Play on the Internets. Facebook works great for this.
10. Declare war on tourists from other countries. You already know about my run-in with the boat loads of Japanese tourists here, what you might not know is that I’ve somehow managed to convince them forks are properly used to pick one’s nose or sometimes for eating potatoes but only if you first apply copious amounts of Tabasco sauce first.
Hey, it’s a new sport. Somebody had to invent it, right?
PS Here’s an iceberg for you to enjoy while I’m stranded at the top of the world.
Until next time…