This one taken on a “drive by” shoot earlier today, taken near Avery Ranch Road and Highway 183-it’s Texas farm land disappearing at a rapid pace.
In honor of, well, actually for no particular reason whatsoever, I have decided to dig up an old meme, dust it off, and post it. So there! Take that! Um, yeah, whatever. This particular meme is about traveling. Here goes:
1. What part of the world and country do you live in?
The People’s Republic of Texas-Cedar Park, Texas, just outside of Austin.
2. What is the furthest from home that you have been, and where is it?
In my mind once I went to mars. No really. It’s cold and there aren’t many road signs there (yet.)
3. What travel destination have you enjoyed the most?
I loved visiting California when I was a teenager and my second or third trip to London (and points about England) were really fun. I also once went to Baltimore for a short stay, got really, really drunk, and had a blast.
4. What travel destination have you enjoyed the least?
I’ve had a few trips to Mexico and points south that were not so much fun. Was attacked by a pack of dogs in San Miguel and hated the Ciudad so much I refuse to admit I’ve even been there.
5. Is there somewhere you’d like to visit but have not, and where is it?
Oh Lord, would you like a list? Morocco, parts of Spain, a good chunk of Italy (though I’ve been there) Praha, India, China, the Antarctic, points in Peru, parts of Brazil, Bangkok, Buenos Aires, Greece, Turkey, St. Petersburg, the American Pacific Northwest, Alaska, Palau, the Island of Borneo, parts of Australia, Japan, Jo-Berg and parts of southern Africa, Chicago (though technically I’ve been) parts of So. Cal and, crap, it’s been a while since I’ve been to Miami.
6. Do you prefer traveling to see historic places or to hit the beach and relax?
Historic places and architecture. I also take pictures. I never go to the beach.
7. What popular vacation destination have you never considered because you think you’d not like it?
Las Vegas-I hate anything fake and friends tell me Dubai for some of the same reasons. I would also not go (back) to the Ciudad (for love nor money.)
8. Where do you travel to most recently?
This year I’ve made several longer trips to New Mexico (Santa Fe and White Sands) and I’ve also gone on photo shoots in Houston and the Texas Hill Country (closer to home.)
9. Do you like day trip “mini-vacations?”
So long as I can take my camera, yes.
And, since I’m in a meme meme mood, here’s another one:
Have you ever…..
1. Gone on a blind date? No, can’t say that I have.
2. Skipped School? Yes-a bit of college and grad. school actually.
3. Watched someone die? Yes.
4. Been on a plane? Yes. Flown one for a bit and ridden on quite a few as passenger. I do believe that I have been on an odd number of planes too (figure that one out. :~)
5. Been on the opposite side of your country? Hard to answer this. When I lived in NY, I went to California. I’ve been to Hawaii and Maine. I live in Texas now, but I’ve never been to North Dakota. (So, would that be a yes or a no?)
6. Swam in the ocean? Yes. Once I even swam in the Atlantic in the morning and the Pacific in the afternoon.
7. Had your booze taken away by the cops? I don’t think so.
8. Lettered in a high school sport? Yes, tennis.
9. Cried yourself to sleep? Yes. All the time.
10. Played cops and robbers? Yes, though not professionally. :~)
11. Sung karaoke? No, but I’ve sung as a performer before, does that count?
12. Paid for a meal with coins only? Yes. Once I even didn’t have enough money to pay-the good folks at Zen in Austin once comp-ed me a meal (and it was tasty too!) I still go back there whenever I can and leave big tips to try and make up for it.
13. Done something you told yourself you wouldn’t? Yes. Don’t you hate it when that happens?
14. Cheated on an exam? Technically, yes, though more often it was people cheating off of me (honest, it was.)
15. Made prank phone calls? Yes. It’s how I met the pizza guys in my dorm room at college.
16. Laughed until some sort of beverage came out of your nose? Almost. Do bubbles count?
17. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? Tried to, yes.
18. Written a letter to Santa Claus? Oh yes. He didn’t write back. Damn fat old forgetful geezer. Probably eloped with the Easter bunny and left me hanging yet again, that bastard.
19. Watched the sunrise with someone you care about? Does my camera count?
20. Been kissed under the misteltoe? No, we didn’t bother to worm our way under there.
21. Ever been arrested? Technically, yes. I got a speeding ticket in Texas and that counts (they issue a bench warrant and void it if you pay your fine before you due date-which I did, btw.)
22. Gone ice skating? Very badly, yes.
23. Been skinny dipping outdoors? No, don’t think so.
24. Had a nickname? Does CJ count? Yes.
25. Been on TV? Yes, many times.
Until next time….
Nice post, i like the have you ever been on the other side of your country one 🙂 it is hard to say…Hey i found a site you would like a lot, baraaza.com
I found one photography search engine with all kind of search features.
Here you can quickly find many different kinds of images.
You can check it out at xcavator.net