Like all good things, this too must grind to a complete halt. Welcome to the end of NaBloPoMo. All I can really say is, “I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!”
This year, it’s actually been quite fun for me. Sure, there was pressure to finish (what with a lot of money for charity riding on this and all) but, even with all of that going on, I still managed to sneak in some fun. I hope you enjoyed it as well.
Some highlights for me…let’s see…to recap….
- The month started with me finally introducing myself and surviving my portfolio review. Phew!
- Doesn’t “Lady Stig” have a nice ring to it? The “Stig-isms that weren’t” were a fun treat. I still want to marry you, Lord Stig, call me, ok? (Love the Stiggy, gotta love the Stiggy.)
- I got to tell you about the flying tortilla and got a flat tire at about the same time. Oh, Holy Rolling Food, Batman.
- Oh yes, then there was my “middle of the month” nervous breakdown. Remember that one? (I still can’t quite explain it. Maybe you can ask Darran what it means, if you can find him, that is.)
- Getting to ask some fun questions, like: “Are You God, or Just a Puddle?” and “Have you ever looked at sheet music?”
- The explosion of Pixel Fiction with “You Just Had to See Her” and, in keeping with the “this is a story of a girl” theme, my ending to “The Blond Girl” followed by the start of “The Race.” Look for Pixel Fiction to continue long after we slow down participating in NaBloPoMo (it’s just too fun.)
- There were voices from my backseat, a recall of my childhood trauma factory, and my invasion of Canada for you to enjoy.
- Top Gear helped me out too, not only by providing enough “blogger fodder” to last a month full of Stig introductions (and marriage proposals!) but by providing a musical rant I really enjoyed.(Thanks, Top Gear Guys! Wherever you are. We love you and please keep driving!)
And the best part? The best part of it all is that now I get to shard some of it with you, my readers. Yes, now that it’s over, it’s time to announce my contest.
This year, I’m giving away a signed, limited edition calendar featuring images from the Texas All British Car Day. In keeping with my “Driving Towards December” theme, the best British cars I can offer up can be yours too, if you enter and win. Check back here soon for more details on how to enter in the next few days.
“Driving towards December?” Not anymore! Beep! Beep! We’re here. We made it.
Until next time…