Questions, Questions, and more Questions
I did Tai Chi today. It’s almost like exercise, except it’s kind of relaxing. I got every Sunday to the temple and practice Tai Chi. I’ve gotten to where I have almost started to learn the form. At least I can remember parts of it. I kind of feel like, in a few more iterations anyway, I may actually remember some (or all) of it.
It’s been unseasonably warm in Austin this year. It’s back to being in the 70’s and mild. This is probably because I’ve heard that some of the cast of TS is going to return and appear at the Home & Garden show. I’m probably going to go, being the addict that I am, but it’s lending credence to my theory that there’s some bad add mojo in those Winnies. I know you won’t believe me but, I really want to go to the Home & Garden show to check out a spa and new deck for my home. I have to do something about the backyard. ‘Course it doesn’t hurt that Ty Pennington will be there, signing autographs and cheerily posing for pictures with fanatical fans, like me. Say CHEESE, Ty.
So, I have more questions. In no particular order:
1. If you could design any web page you wanted to, and have it be a “success” what would you do?
2. If you could drive any road in the world, in any car, what and where would you go?
3. If you had to live in one city, for the rest of your life, and you could never leave, where would you live and what would you miss (assuming you could not live in your current home)?
4. If you could gain all the talent, knowledge, experience, intellect, and insight of one person, who would you pick and why? What would you hope to experience?
5. If you had to help one person, just one, who would you help? Do you think that you would be a better person because of it? Or would the other person come out ahead?
And, some answers:
1. If I were on a deserted island what would I take with me:
My dog Charlie (even though he takes up more than half the bed), a can opener (for the coconuts, silly), my Eric Clapton CD collection (along with the usual yada yada about a boombox and a lifetime supply of batteries).
The Complete William Shakespere, Charles Dickens, and JD Salinger.
Nope. Would prefer to take more CDs. Besides Clapton, I would go for Bach, M Davis, and Hendrix. OK, OK, if I had to pick a movie, it’d be Buckaroo Banzai (don’t laugh, it’s funny), Rocky Horror, and the Year of Living Dangerously. And maybe American History X and something by Bernando, for the visuals.
My “luxury item” would be a camera and a lifetime supply of film and paper. In fact, I would probably opt to take this before everything else. Except for maybe the can opener.
And, in case you are wondering, I’d kick any survivors, bachelors, Joe Millionaires, or any other “reality TV stars” right the Hell off the island. Hey, it’s my joint. Get your own damn can opener, fool.
Until next time, this is Carol, the Carol in “Carol’s Little World” signing off.